We all dream. Some people never remember their dreams, while others remember, look for hidden meanings in their symbols and try to find out in this way something about their future. Some are aware that they are dreaming and can control their dreams. These dreams in which the dreamer is conscious are lucid dreams.
Usually when we dream, our consciousness asleep. Those people that are aware of dreaming, practiced awakening of their consciousness during sleep. It is a process that can be learned. To learn how to manage your dreams, you will need to reedit your sleeping habits, keep track of your dreams, include in your life some routines and relaxation techniques. Why is good to dream lucid dreams? Well, besides it can be a fun experience, lucid dreaming can help you achieve some of your goals in life.
- Solving problems. Each of us has some problem and that is normal. Life without problems would be monotonous and boring. However, the problems often can hinder us on our way toward the goals. Sometimes, facing with real problems in the real world is a hard task. It may be a fear, a communication problem, anything. Lucid dreaming can help you to deal with the fear, knowing that you can manage your sleep the way you want. Dealing with the problem in this way is a good solution for the problems in real life. The key to solving many of the problems lies in the experience. All that we have experienced as a dream is stored in the same memory as the experience from reality. You already know how much can be learned from the experience!
- Better inspiration and new ideas. Although lucid dreams can be controlled, there is always one part of the dream for which is responsible your imagination. If you do creative work, you certainly know how the lack of inspiration and ideas can ruin activities you enjoy. In reality, your imagination is limited by your consciousness. In a lucid dream, your imagination can be unlimited, and it can create entirely new ideas, give a new experience, a new emotion and thus awaken the inspiration and creativity.
- Practicing and development of different skills. Lucid dreams allow you to experience real-life situations, and, therefore, enable experiments and bringing skills to the peak. This way, you can get rid of nervousness before a public performance, you can practice dance moves or martial arts. Learning a musical instrument can also be a skill that you can practice during your lucid dreaming. Some studies have shown that those who practiced perfecting their skills in a dream had a better result in performing these skills in real life, compared to those who were not able to dream about them. With better skills, you are closer to achieving your goals
- Improved memory. All our memories are stored in some part of our brain – some deeper some shallower. These forgotten memories are stored as files in a folder called “Forgotten” in our computer, for which we are not sure exactly where it is, and how we named it. The fact is that you are aware when you have lucid dreams. But in dreams, no matter what they are, often rise to the surface some details from the “Forgotten” The more lucid dreams you have, the greater are the chances for such memories to appear, and that you will remember them. Hence the better memory, that you can use in your real life to achieve your goals.
- The fulfillment of desires. We all have problems, and we all have some desires. Actually, I think that a man without desires is not a man in the true sense of the word. Some wishes can be realized if we overcome obstacles, or we stop to hamper ourselves. Some wishes are hardly achievable because of physical, financial or any other reasons. In a lucid dream, there are no insurmountable obstacles. You can fly like a bird, if that’s your wish, without the support of aircraft and parachutes, using only your body. You can travel into the future or into the past, in some distant country or to some imaginary place. Then, when you learn to control your dreams, you will go to bed with enthusiasm because you know that you will have a new adventure. You will feel more fulfilled. In lucid dreams, you can meet people who are important to you in life, whether they are known as some of your idols, and some quite ordinary people. And who knows, maybe someone of them will answer the question how to fulfill your desires in your real life.
- Strengthening of self-confidence. Lucid dreams are not just playing with the brain. They are actually a way to explore ourselves. When we become aware of our qualities, when we perfect our skills, and pass ahead a terrible scenario and store that experience in our brain, our confidence grows. People who have self-confidence will achieve their goals in life much easier.
- Solving unresolved situations among the people. There are many situations when, between people, remain some incomplete and unresolved things. The cause may be a divergence, physical distance, death, misunderstandings and various other twists in real life. Sometimes, it is not easy to leave things unresolved because they can obsesses us. Lucid dreams allow you to dream about some person and resolve conflicts and misunderstandings, even then when it is not actually possible. However, the dream is not a substitute for reality. Whenever is possible, solve your problems with people in the reality.
Lucid dreams can be scary, especially when your consciousness wakes up in a terrible and uncomfortable dream. However, even from negative experience something can be learned. Turn it to your advantage. Learn to control your dreams because they have many advantages. Lucid dreaming will enrich you and enable you to achieve those goals that you dream with open eyes.